PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wellesbourne Aviation sold again
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 15:53
Lurcio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,
I'm a Wellesbourne Aviation member and was down at Wellesbourne this morning - PFT next door have definitely taken over.
There has been a doorway knocked through to connect the two buildings and WA's reception has now moved next door.

Two of the blue Robins have gone, I think to CabAir at Blackbushe, but the rest of the fleet is still there and will be staying for the short term at least. The third blue Robin, Victor India, is actually being leased back again, to enable students that have started on the type to complete their training.

It seems the problem with the Robins is that spares are difficult to obtain now, especially engine parts, and down time tends to drag out very uneconomically, so sadly they have a limited career.

It is confirmed that the name "Wellesbourne Aviation" will soon be dropped and the new business will have the name "Aeros".
The old WA phone number will be redirected to the new reception so can still be used.
CabAir have completely pulled out, and taken back all their computer systems. As a result, if you have sent WA an email recently it won't be read for a few more days yet - it's probably better to phone at the moment!

I hope this helps shed some light on what's going on for those that haven't had chance to get there lately!