PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Rise on 1st April 09?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 15:34
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seldom,

I think that you may have misconstrued my post - although not quite 51 (!) and still serving I have been around a bit. I totally agree with you though expectations being managed each year for me with a round about inflation pay rise per month.

But, on this thread and in my local and the 'twitters' look at my pay rise and attempt to make me feel guilty.

Closely allied to this I believe that al of this recession is going to be used as an excuse - an excuse to water down or ignore the 2009 Flying Pay Review (how convienient it is this particular year!) - how long have we been waiting for flying pay to be pensionable which balances a playing field between pure 'spec aircrew' and career officers. An excuse to 'review' our final salary pensions and excuse to review CEA.

I am happy in my world, believe in Queen and Country and more importantly enjoy the people I work with.

But Seldom, as quick as this economy went belly up in September I believe that just as quickly our current Prime Minister and his esteemed colleagues will be syphoning money away from defence, and that my friend does potentially include your pension that (I would suggest) has been one of the reasons why you have been so content in your many years of service not to be so concerned about your pay rises etc.

I return to my original point, that if we in the Armed Forces start to feel as though we should be lucky to have a job, or fortunate to get a pay rise, then the same philosophy will be seen as a green light by those that are now desperate (and I mean desperate) to save money and will happily take the 'message' that the H M Forces can take a bit of scrimping and saving as they are so thankful that they even have a job.