PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyEurope
Thread: SkyEurope
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 09:33
Nightfire

PeterPaul, without any offense could you tell me why do you see NE so bright and shiny? Don't you remember what and how happend with HSK? All the top managemant including J.B telling lies into the eyes of the whole staff.. and at the end those who didn't accept the base change and moving away from home were kept in contract with low salaries, so were not able to start a full time job at another place. Being forced to terminate their contracts and miss the compensation. And these are just few from many..
Seems less and less millions share your oppinion regarding the planes and positive expirience, just have a look on skytrax. And not to mension those guys who "voluntarily" offered their huge part of the salaries. For how long was it, two months? and still...
I admit for a long time I have been expecting Sky to go down, but those above are facts. Nothing personal, once again no offense, I am just curious what do you see what we don't.
Being an ex-HSK guy myself, I also expected SkyEurope to go down long ago. fortunately for the people working there, it is still going on, and I certainly don't wish anything bad to anybody.
I had a great time in Budapest, and it was certainly the most pleasant company I had ever worked for; but that is all history.

The truth with Skyeurope is, they just never improved themselves. They never matured out of the "new startup"-stage, where you'd patiently excuse them all sorts of mistakes. Other airlines either devellop themselves, or go under after a certain period of time. But SkyEurope was bailed out many times by investors, and perhaps will be once more even this time.

But it has no future.

The management wasted too many opportunities in the past, had no long-term plan (they changed their strategy every year), and kept on making stupid and obvious mistakes. Everyone with a sense of reality could see that - just not the management, which instead kept on producing powerpoint-presentations about SkyEuropes brilliance.

I hate to see it dying, because it was a cool place. But every party has to end at some time. And SkyEurope is nothing more than a party.