PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Inflight Concierges
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 08:09
joeflyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey lilflyboy.

I am not sure what you are saying when you talk about the concierges getting "cut back". I know the company did not expand the numbers to what they were originally talking about, but am sure that simply came down to a cost issue, as setting up the role cost them an absolute packet.

They have had 9 I believe, leave already as they are so disenchanted about the position and the company seems to be taking no interest in changing anything. I have heard that many are thoroughly pist off now over their conditions and are actively looking at other jobs. Seems its the good ones that are the most upset.

They are all disgusted at the company also for recently training them up as strike breakers for the A320 and state the company has put them in an awful position. They were just finding they were starting to fit in with the crew onboard and now they are coping some flak and being perceived as scabs. The company KNEW this would happen but seemed utterly unrepentant and acted with disdain towards them by putting them in this position.

I also know many amazing ground crew that would have been great in this role and were turned down. I would suggest that there may be MANY vacancies in the near future though lol

Last edited by joeflyguy; 3rd Aug 2009 at 09:13.