PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The END Of GENERAL AVIATION CHARTER ??
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2002, 03:06
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harvey Gee

Spot on my friend and you neglected to suggest that it's not a case of making the punishment fit the crime, viz trying to find an aircraft that fits the perceived "acceptable rate" whatever that means or is in someones imagination. But like me I guess you are getting a bit tired of stating the obvious.

Leadsled
The correct way as Harvey and I well know is to start from the purchase price of new equipment and work from there, NOT the other way around, which is why you are all in the pile of poo that that you are now.
Geez save us from remanufactured anything, bargger, why dont we just bring back the FJ must be shedloads cheaper to build than the new Commodore
you say;

The rest of Australian industry can do it,
too true, and they are all using the latest technology and equipment and charging a commercial rate on its capital cost.

what's wrong with Australian aviation.
the exact oposite of the above.

Let me tell you somwething else for free, we would not be having all this regulatory angst 'twere the aviation industry populated with businessmen who just happened to be pilots.

AND

the punters would be paying whatever. I know because I've been there at least three times.

CASA having throroughly hi jacked what was a joint CASA/Industry effort, and entirely redirected the exercise to ensure "CASA is satisfied".
Why am I not surprised given the quality of the industry (defined by whoever happens to be shouting the loudest or can hijack the putative representative this week) input to the reform process.
The regulator is not blameless but considering the high farce surrounding the deconstruction of the DCA, serial head dabbler appointments, casual decimation, bloodletting, second comings and other occult shenanigans worthy of several Monty Python series, I reckon it's a miracle they have got to where they are or that anyone wants to work for them at all.

Gaunty, have a look at the accident statistics, where is the evidence that aircraft not certified to your desired/required Part 23 Commuter or Part 25 is, in any way, a contribution to Charter accidents.
a fair bit disingenuous methinks. If you follow that line of reasoning you should also ask, where is the evidence that motor cars not certified to the latest Australian Compliance Rules is, in any way, a contribution to motor vehicle accidents.

Ah well better get the old FJ off the blocks then, knew it would come in handy one day and my beloved granny, who was alive, then insisted that we should never throw anything away and that the old way was ALWAYS the best.
Nobody has been able to make a Cream Sponge cake as good as yet.