PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying School - Opinions?? (Merged)
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 21:34
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
???????????

How's that? LE aren't the cheapest, but having had a small hand in the pricing structure I can assure you that there isn't exactly any fat there. LE simply charge a realistic price, something that most clubs/schools don't do.

You might think "well how's that good for me?" The simple answer is that it's good in that the club will still be there and can invest back into the facilities.

How many small flying clubs do you know that have a fully stocked pilot shop attached and a bl**dy good flight sim setup? As well as extra's such a new taildragger, aero's training, IMC etc.etc.

I'm as biased as hell, but LE is a good setup, all of us who were involved from early on had a good input into how it was formed. It's not a money making business, but a club that tries to provide what people want. It hasn't always been perfect, no-one would deny that mistakes haven't been made, but they were never swept under the carpet and lessons were learnt.

I wouldn't stick up for a school that wasn't worth it, but having worked and flown from many clubs around the country, LE are well up there and in terms of attitude, then it's hard to beat.

I just feel sorry for Allan, he's going to be up and down to Inverness like a yo-yo and knowing his work schedule, then it's going to be tough!