PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bank loans
Thread: Bank loans
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 21:32
anotheradam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
340dog

"your pay for work scheme is undermining this once great profession!....if a company really wants you, they will hire you based on your experience, endorse you at their expense and pay a competitive wage...like most of us that were hired into this career"

When you were 'hired into this career' was it perchance during a period where airlines needed lots of new blood? Did you agree with them that if they did your type rating you would be 'bonded'(enslaved) to them for a period during which time a reduced wage would pay for the rating? Unfortunately the industry seems rather saturated at the moment, so I, like thousands of others, have decided to go to the airlines with the rating, and try our luck that way. Looking at it relatively, I see myself as being enterprising, taking a risk, perhaps an educated gamble. The airlines will hopefully see me as an employee they don't have to invest too much in during these times. You on the other hand, somehow see me as some kind of leech, undermining some noble illusion you have about business and industry and capitalism and the once noble and heroic aviator. Were you to loose your job now (which of course I hope you don't), do you think you would be hired now based on your experience (actually you might well be very experienced and would be hired), because based on my experience now, I won't be hired. That's why I feel I have to do something proactive, or at least look into it.

Thanks to the other replies for your advise.