PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Active Indian Pilots: What was your flight plan?
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 16:49
Mike_Kilo_Sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Active Indian Pilots: What was your flight plan?

I trawled Pprune for quite long for a similar topic, but didn't find any. So here goes. The reason this thread is South East Asia section is because I'm looking for India specific information. But if the moderators feel it is in the wrong place, I apologise for the extra workload. You guys do a good job. Alright coming to the point.

There are a lot of wannabe pilots out there and more so in India. Not all are attracted by the money (which I'm lead to believe isn't that big an attraction anymore) but there are loads of others who are really passionate about the profession.

I'm a wannabe myself and have always been fanatic about flying for as long as I can remember. I'm 25 years old, a bit late to start, but finally have got it all together to take the plunge.

I've done my research, I know there are barely any jobs out there. But I also know that an airline is not the only place to fly. I'm investing in an instructor's rating too and going the modular way to avoid loans. I have a perfectly good job which I will probably end up keeping while I fly. But the ultimate goal is to fly day in and day out. And with your help and if everything goes well, I'll be able to guide many more wannabes into this fantastic way of living in the future.

I've started this thread so that active pilots in India can help some hopefuls about how to go about their training. It would be very helpful if those who are currently flying tell us how they did it? Where did they train? What should be the right approach? What hardships did you face? Are Indian institutes no good, I'm not too bothered about time taken as long as the end result is good. I don't qualify for IGRUA. So it has to be one of the private institutes. If anybody can reccommend a good one, I'd be highly grateful. If you can't I'd be grateful for any other advice.

So will anyone oblige for this wannabe and a lot others? Thanks in advance for your comments.

MKS