PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 16:29
mb737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi There,
I have been reading over these posts about Egnatia and i really feel the negative posts are unjustified, but then people in this worl always look for somebody else to blame when things do not go well for them.
I was a student at Egnatia i did my PPL Hr build and ATPL theory there and i have done the rest of my training else where and i have seen what it is like out there, i did not see how good i had it at Egnatia untill i seen other places.
Egnatia is an excellent school and if your will to put in the work to achieve your goals 100% the staff in Egnatia will give you back 150% and bend over back wards to help you out.
When i was there i struggled at some theory, and i really felt like giving up. If it were not for the staff, the Directors, the head of training GG and the instructors who gave me their time at no extra cost i would not be were i am now.
In egnatia they have a great fleet of modern planes, excellent accomodation, students are looked after really well there, which you will not see in any other FTO.
In Greece you have great weather all year round, you can fly to beautifull islands it is a wonderfull experience. Your flight training is consistant because of this you do not sit on the ground waiting for the weather, which in my view is very important for a new student to keep consistant in there training.
When i was in Greece i learnt a lot, and not just flying but also my attitude towards flying which is something money can not buy.
The head of training is a wonderfull instructor with a lot of experience, and what he wants from his students is for them to try there best, he has an interest and cares about all his students, some people may not agree with his methods, but i think that is because they can not see what he is trying to do, which is the students best interest.
If i made a mistake about Egnatia, that would be not finishing my training there, i did not leave because i was unhappy but because after my ATPL, my employer was sponsoring the rest of my training and i had to go were i was told.
If any one is considering a flight school i would recomend Egnatia and besides the training can be done modular, so you can go do your PPL and see for yourself.
Thank you