PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wellesbourne Aviation sold again
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 16:14
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EX oggie

I looked at buying W.A. a few years back and it may have seemed like a healthy company and the books would have looked good to those outside aviation but all was not well.

All the aircraft had large morgages and the engines would have reached TBO before enough money was in the bank to pay for the engine overhauls.

The situation was so bad that the accountant that I asked to look at the books called me half way into his investigation to ask me if I wanted him to continue in the light of what had been unearthed.

It pains me to say this Cabair saved that business from going broke, I think that getting a foot in the door at another airfield was more important to Cabair than the future losses at W.A. that they would have expected to turn around with agressive marketing to those customers new to aviation but that stance is now coming home to roost in these harder economic times.

I hope that a new company can make a go of W.A. or what ever it is re-branded as but I cant see this being the time to pin ones training plans on a new and expensive aircraft such as the Skycatcher.

It the light of the problems that the skycatcher has (two prototypes destroyed in spin testing) I would think that the trusty C152 would require a bit more investment to keep them flying.

Last edited by A and C; 3rd Apr 2009 at 16:26.