PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa Drug screening
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 15:48
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
xxgoldxx

I've said it before.. say it again..

If I am in uniform heading to the aircraft then bring it on.. no excuses..
Look at my post 13 on page 1 of this thread.

XXgoldxx, You are on a flight for your organisation on the other side of the country.

You have been prescribed antibiotics by a doc and cleared to fly by a DAME. Those antibiotics are known to cause a false positive for cocaine.

You have informed your DAMP contact that you are taking the medication.

Do you accept the flight? Can your company (or you) afford to have you stood down immediately as you are preparing to fly on the other side of the country with VIP pax due at the aircraft in 30 mins?

You will be stood down for a couple of days at best, whilst the testers ring the CASA doc, who rings you and you state your case. The CASA doc, then rings your doc to find out that you have been prescribed the medication, then rings you back to say that you can fly.

This will not happen in 20 minutes!

The first CASA seminar I went to on this, I quizzed the CASA doc on this process. He conceded that the process could take UP TO 2 WEEKS.

Can you or your company afford this xxgoldxx?

The sensible solution is that your company damp contact is able to be contacted by the drug tester after your random test. The test is correlated with your declaration and you're good to go.