PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 14:07
2J&D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LH

I have to agree with MV that I can't help but think that possibly a smaller aircraft should have been used, a la BACON...Something along the lines of a 50 seater.

Does anyone else also think that the way the local news promoted the demise of the route, due to the fact it was aimed at the 'business traveller' was not too helpful? I can't help but think that if that was the way they saw it, how did joe public see it?

Only a few weeks ago, I was made aware that LF was getting better and on some occasions a larger A319/737 was used, not sure when though. Certainly from a leisure traveller perspective, there was a big push going to be made in the SW area to promote the route even more.

It is shame they only gave it a year...I would have thought they may have tried to stick it out a bit longer even if it mean't a smaller a/craft. If BACON were able to operate the route without the benefit of connections, why did it not work with LH?

May be BMI posting a massive loss, just after LH made a purchase, could have been one of the reasons why the route could also have been chopped?...

I wonder if they are still thinking of operating the DUS-NYQ service this summer..

Last edited by 2J&D; 3rd Apr 2009 at 14:09. Reason: WATABENCH bet me too it by a minute..Nice to see some of us thinking the same though!