PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 11:03
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fruet Mich

In regards to your comments about FMC and FBW and pilots overpaid flying aircraft that are low risk and fly themselves, please explain to me why as an industry that is low risk, we still have numerous CFIT accidents and continual pilot error killing passengers. I know of numerous pilots that don't make the grade to fly your so called easy to fly computer with wings.
I didn't say that modern aircraft ARE low risk, I said that they are PERCEIVED as low risk by those outside the industry (ie pax). You and I know differently, but the airlines and aircraft manufacturers have done such a good job of convincing the public of the safety of air travel, that most people see it as no more risky than catching the double decker to Picadilly Circus.

Also explain to me why other professions that now use modern computing technoligy such as bankers, achitech's, etc have not suffered these pay cuts as do the aviation professional pilots?
They didn't so much have their pay cut, as their jobs removed from them. Not so much architects, being creative people their main stock-in-trade is ideas, which are worth whatever people will pay for them.

$65000 AS AN FO ON AN AIRBUS YA NUMB NUT!! Geezus!! ya can't get the point through to these guys? Sounds like comments that would come from a guy behind a desk earning six figures with a flash low risk computer! Bloody hell????
Maybe when you calm down and return to the planet that the rest of us live on, you will be able to read what I wrote - carefully - and understand better what was written!

Sand dune Sam
I dont agree with all his opinions
Not my opinions... perception.

PegasusFury

The sooner 89 is buried the better
It will never, ever happen. Aussies hang on their bitterness until they die. Probably not helped by the dawning realisation that they basically did it to themselves - having been comprehensively outsmarted by Abeles and Hawke (and others).

Ansett NZ story isn't much different in that regard.