PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 06:14
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remoak.......

In regards to your comments about FMC and FBW and pilots overpaid flying aircraft that are low risk and fly themselves, please explain to me why as an industry that is low risk, we still have numerous CFIT accidents and continual pilot error killing passengers. I know of numerous pilots that don't make the grade to fly your so called easy to fly computer with wings.

Also explain to me why other professions that now use modern computing technoligy such as bankers, achitech's, etc have not suffered these pay cuts as do the aviation professional pilots?

I can understand a bus driver being paid peanuts, at the end of the day anybody can drive a bus. According to an earlier post a manly ferry deck hand earns 75K, so I'm guessing a ferry capt would be paid a substancial amount more.

Have you also had a think about how much it costs to learn to fly our so called "low risk" computer wings that we're all so over paid to fly?

$65000 AS AN FO ON AN AIRBUS YA NUMB NUT!! Geezus!! ya can't get the point through to these guys? Sounds like comments that would come from a guy behind a desk earning six figures with a flash low risk computer! Bloody hell????