PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robert Mugabe "PB" in Ryanair gets Pilots to Vote YES
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 04:15
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't suggest that anyone should not sign the petition, far from it. I merely highlighted the possible outcome should the result be industrial action. I am merely trying to play devil's advocate here and point out some of the shortcomings to 'striking'.

Upsetting passengers is the very least of MOL's concerns. If STN, or any other base, vote for Union recognition, MOL will close the base, make the pilots redundant and move all the aircraft to other bases. Then he will invite all the out of work pilots, and there are a lot of them about right now, to join RYR, probably on a lower salary, at the now expanded bases.

How long do you think it will be before a trickle becomes a stream becomes a flood to get the last job remaining before they all go? You want a job, it's in LPL and be happy to have one at all. Now back to work, boys!

Sorry to be a pessimist, but reality sucks.

Aldente, it's really none of your business; but I left to live with my new wife in her native country.