PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for low hour CPL students in Aus and NZ
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 03:44
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking around the place both in NZ and in Aus, I'm a pilot with 500tt, 100ME, with a MEIR, and struggling to nail down a job.
Have CAA and CASA already with all the bells and whistles.
The North and West have dried up, but there is the odd lucky person now and then that lands a job, but the huge numbers arent being taken anymore.

Personally I suggest looking outside of the country, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, South East Asia and Africa. Your going to have to start getting out of your comfort zone to find jobs.

The main stream options in New Zealand is instructing as there are still a lot of people that have that silly idea that they step off the street, do 200 hours, then end up in the left hand seat of a A320.
OR
People like throwing themselves out of perfectly servicable aircraft at stupidly high heights.
Get yourself a tail dragger rating, do the BGT rating, get a parachute drop rating, then look around.
The bases that I know that do drops are Kerikeri, Whangarei, Mercer, Rotorua, Tauranga and Taupo. Those are the major north island drop centers.
Couldnt hurt to try Queenstown either, but the season is starting to wrap up so you need to get in quick.