PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aires, Colombia
Thread: Aires, Colombia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 03:37
Heading090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My fellow Latino Pilots...

This is getting interesting. A lot of people sharing information without insulting each other (just like avcanada right?). Thanks again for the interesting info HDG090.

No problem, Like I said, I enjoy helping others in my spare time.

And you are absolutely right. Jazz is still hiring but there are a lot of pilotos with tons of experience trying to get those jobs. (like you I guess)

You don't need to be a Canadian to fly commercially here. As far as I know some americans come up here to fly floats during the summer time. I think that the americans are allowed to live/work in Canada without a work permit or resident card for up to 6 months. Maybe you could try to get the Canadian resindent card.

Yeah I looked at the add they have, but they require canadian Pilots license, and mine is FAA, and also they said that you must have legal paperwork in order to be employeed by them.... help me out here, if you can find out more info for me ..

Let us know when you are coming to Canada. If we can give you a hand you can count on us. We also like to help other fellow pilots like you do. Besides, Mustang06 has a very good taste for wines.

hahaha, sure. I always wanted to visit some friends in Canada.

Now, I have a few questions:

- I don't have a Multi engine rating on my canadian license. But I do have 2,000 hrs on the Caravan. Can I get a job on the Fokker 100 in Colombia?

OH Yeah, Like I said, in Colombia you get hired with 250 hrs NO MULTI, ICAO level 4 english... editted by author.....
You have a lot of hours, you will be challenged during interviews.

- As far as I know Avianca hires only pilots born in Colombia right?

Negative, I have a spanish friend flying there, so for fact need to be legal...

- In your opinion, wich airline gives the best work conditions in Colombia.

All work conditions in Colombia are pretty similar, but what you should consider is... Airline history, market, and upgrade time.
Nobody has asked this one before, but here we go, FO's in average in Colombia make 3.700.000 Colombian Pesos (1,680 USD). Unless you fly for a cargo airline ( Heavy Metal)

- How long would it take to get a left seat position for the "average joe", lets say on the Dash 8?.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm..... In average..... some Airlines could take you up to 10 years!!!!, all depends on their growing rate, which it should start to slow down by now....

See you................................

Last edited by Heading090; 16th Apr 2009 at 19:36.