PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa Drug screening
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 02:18
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA will be tragetting certain areas of operation (they have said, according to our DAMP REP) and this may mean that some persons will be REGULARLY randomly tested and perhaps this will be several times every year. This is definately a form of 'profiling' and not exactly random.

They have also stated that they intend to conduct 6000 tests a year with these tests being conducted by afficial CASA persons, but that there will be NO QUOTAS.....Run that by me again, that IS a quota I would say.

So if you are on a preferred testing, profiled list and your regional tester is getting to the end of his test cycle returns....watch out..random testing may not be so random.

Zap, A single mouth swab will be taken and tested to EVIDENTIARY standards, so don't tell me they do not intend to exercise the capacity to prosecute.

I am already subject to ramdom AOD testing and have been for several years and I know that this whole DAMP thing could (and should) be done in a fair, reasonable, prudent and discretionary manner using common sense and good judgement, I just find it hard to believe that that is in fact how it will turn out. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

HD