PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Inflight Concierges
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 01:42
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The concierges have been great, well some of them. There are a few that like to come up to the gate lounge, walk around and make contact with the passengers, introduce themselves over the PA etc etc. But there are a lot who just dissappear down into the aircraft with the rest of the crew as soon as they turn up to the gate. That has been a bit of a dissappointment to me.
Along with when they are offering the assistance of the ground crew with carrying bags, when it is in our health and saftey contract not to carry bags.
If looking through the role description at the start of this thread, perhaps they can do this instead?
Possibly the best concierge I have seen in the year that I have been working at the gates is actually in the start of that youtube clip where he is walking down the catwalk with the other lady. Great guy, was even more suprised when he remembered a lot of passengers from their flight over to NZ 2 weeks earlier.

I know that most of them have been picked from outside of the aviation sector, which to a lot of cabin and ground crew, blew them away. Has actually left a lot of people quite sour because of it. But all in all, I think they are doing a good job, probably a better job than a lot of the cabin crew that went for it, as they are new, excited and fresh faced.