PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 22:29
Walter E Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me then Walter, over the past decade why have European and Asian Carriers been so active (to this day!), in their hiring of Aust/NZ "GA/Regional wankers"???
I'll tell then. And to start, OZ pilots migrated in two waves not one. The first beginning in 1989 and the second in 2001. Most of these pilots were not from GA, but from airlines. Their abilities and experience having been improved by several years of structure and disipline.

I have flown with many pilots from integrated training systems, low on hours but with structure and discipline. From many countries they came too, Ireland, Germany, Malaysia to name a few. Overall an excellent product. Very knowlegable and eager to learn.

On the flip side, you have an OZ FO with 3000 hours swinging propellors, after 500 hours on the jet he is already thumping his fist for command? There is so much to learn. This OZ cultural assertiveness that foreign airlines appreciate generally as a positive, also has a dark side. Rather than learn, many GA astronauts chose to sulk and whine.

I know who I would rather be flying with every day