PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 19:49
Mr D's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BusyB No that is not what I wrote at all, what I am saying is that two non-impaired pilots can, and do, make mistakes, without bringing alcohol into the equation.

bjcc The officer uses a breath test to assist him form the suspicion that the subject is over the prescribed limit, therefore providing him with his power to arrest. The defense would object to the amount being read out in court if it wasn't relevent as it shows how high the alcohol was at the time and not some time later when blood was taken, don't forget that the offence occured when he was at the controls of the aircraft not sometime later at a Police station when the blood sample was taken. I don't know if it was the case in this example but the home office can provide a back count to establish the alcohol level at the time of the offence.

fireflybob 1. In your world where 'we are all adults' why was there a need for the legislation to be introduced then?
2. I think you mistook 'can' for 'has', I wasn't suggesting that the results of any particular catastrophe were caused by excess alcohol (although a Russian one springs to mind), my point was that there are plenty of examples of poor CRM were the pilot in control makes mistakes and is not corrected by the other pilot, which can lead to them and alot of others dying.