PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 18:13
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medical Care second to none???

Mac - you are right, it won't do any good to repeat what has already been said.

Albert - not that I'm aware of. We have 6 on the Sqn struggling that I know of.

However, in my case I'm about due another batch as are others serving with me. I know of one who has gone autonomous and registered completely with a civ practitioner and I'm likely to do the same.

One of the 6 spoke directly to the Wg Cdr optician at Birmingham who has stated that they are nowhere near ready to undertake the task and it may be some time yet.

I asked about the location of records back in Feb and again today and they are ALL still at OASC as Birmingham have no storage for them and due to the Data Prot Act I couldn't get a copy of my prescription faxed through! I'm still waiting to receive my info 2 months after formally applying at the med ctr on a FMed whatever.

My concern, however unlikely, is that if I got a civ prescription and it was different to my prescrition issued by Penny and Chetna where would I stand insurance wise?? Surely whatever I use has to be 'rubber stamped' by the RAF Med Auth.

As an extra point I had my JPA claim rejected for the difference between what I used to pay and the increased sum I had to pay due to the rug being pulled. I've since been told by the Med Ctr staff that we may (stress - MAY) be able to get the difference back but I don't hold out much hope.

SA