PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 17:14
Mr D's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2dmoon - I agree with you there should be some consistency in the sentencing the UA pilot should have received the same. However I disagree that the breath result is not relevant as it must have been allowed to be brought up in court, so is therefore relevant. Had it not been relevant it wouldn't have appeared in the news reports because it would have been allowed to be used in the court case.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that an offender gets caught the first time, that's in all walks of life, we can't allow people (Professional Pilots) to even consider that it is acceptable to report for duty under the influence of alcohol. You are Professional Pilots and you have responsibilities.

It was the pilot who put himself in that position and I have no sympathy for him, I sympathise for his family, but he had the ultimate responsibility for his actions.

I also congratulate his co-workers or whoever it was that reported him to the authorities.

We all know what can happen when fellow workers turn a blind eye to such problems, it can end in catastrophe.

Last edited by Mr D's; 2nd Apr 2009 at 17:32.