PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go Around or Aborted landing ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 14:48
dicksorchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all you Ppruner's ..

BOAC , Wizofoz , Cosmos2 , muduckace ,Tarq57 , SMOC , Intruder

To all of the above ...just wanted to say a big thank you for getting back to me .

I really do apreciate it especially as i can now go back to my friends ( some protesting they wont fly again ) with whom i was travelling and let them know what you guys have said .

Obviously none of us are professional pilots and our understanding of what actually happened on this particular descent was pretty limited .

I have nothing but the utmost regard for the Captain and First Officer , thought the pilots announcement was excellent as it did give me a lot more reassurance and confidence that we would land safely .

The Captain was the only calm amidst the storm !

How ever i am ashamed to say that at one stage i did in fact mutter the lords prayer under my breath and on more than one occaision

Which just might have had something to do with the young guy who is a steward for British Airways going thru the emergency procedure with his mum in the row opposite me !

I spoke to him after we got off the aircraft and he said he had'nt really experienced anythin like the weather what we went thru and i remarked " imagine bein in the drivin seat then " .

Thing is us SLF think if the hostys go quiet and look worried then we have definatly have something to worry about and when you have been gassin to someone who flys for a livin and they look panicky ya can't help but feel aprehensive .

The Ryanair girls and gals did look a bit grey when we got off !

I could honestly say that the weather was apalling and i have never experienced anythin as bad ad that whilst flyin into the balearics before .

so once again thank you ....