PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aires, Colombia
Thread: Aires, Colombia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 14:21
Heading090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Answers

1. What do you mean by astronaut's interview? Sounds scary.

Well I have been a pilot 9 years now, and I have been in all different kind of operations, and hiring process. Colombian is not different than any other Latin Americans, reason why is because in our third world country Aviation still something out of reach for a lot of people, and being a pilot is not just a job, so they treat it that way. On the begining it is hard to understand if you grew up here. They make everything harder than what actually is. BE READY!!!!

2. If you were interviewing, how would you get ready? What should I review and learn. I just finished taking my commercial test and passed. I also scored 98% in written.

AVIANCA asks for a written test (based on FAA Comm. /INST written test, plus colombian Regulations) AEROREPUBLICA ( FAA ATP written test). Aires. mmmmmmmmmm..... you never know ( they still amking their own)

3. Do you know who the hiring manager is? For example, what I did for Avianca was sent a basket of foods with my resume to HR. It worked, it got their attention and hopefully it will secure and interview with them. Risky, but it seems like it works.

well, that was pretty funny what you did with the basket, they need people right now and they don't really care who that is to start the selection process.

4. How many years did you flew for them and what are the likes and dislikes?

There is a lot good stuff about them, I can't tell you the ugly part of it, but I have to say that there A LOT.
Shoot for Avianca first....... (history, financial stability..etc) Aires (small airline), AEROREPUBLICA ( COPA's ), SATENA..mmmmmm consider it if you like to be treated like you are in service for the airforce

5. If I want to switch companies within Colombia later on, does not having the type affect me? I still don't understand how can you fly without the type. I was under the impression that is required, more than 12,500, but it is Colombia after all.

Colombian regulations are different than FARs, In Colombia believe it or not, you don't even need to have a Multi-engine to fly a F100 as FO. , so DO NOT convert your multi engine.
Therefore you don't have to be typed to fly as a FO, they give a (HABILITACION) which means, you can serve a a Flight crew.
FARs only required to be typed if act as a PIC ina AC over 12,500 lbs.

6. Does age matter, I just turned 29.
NOT for AV, AERO, AIRs..... only for cargo companies with heavy equip.

7. Anything that I'm missing. I know there are a lot of unknowns for me. Why do you do this, I find that some pilots don't offer the info.

Because I enjoy helping others, and besides I am looking for some info in the middle east, and expect the same from them.

8. Thank you one again, your help is priceless and like I said, hopefully I will at least get to buy you a drink in the near future.

jajajaj, It would be fine.

............................................................ .............................

Last edited by Heading090; 21st May 2009 at 22:57.