PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 12:27
EYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBB,

Lets clarify things, are you talking about the International or UAE scheme?
The UAE scheme, may of had some wasta moments in the beginning, however there is nothing like this now, if you do not pass you do not get in.
Now, the internationals, I heard the rumours that it was set up for JH, RH and PCW sons to join, again simply not true, do you knowwhat JH and PCW son's actually do? I dont thik they want to give it up to be pilots!! Yes RH son is there, but only on merrit.
I think the cadet pilot programme for internationals started because at GF they did not have one and it lead to an imbalance situation in the flight deck of too many of one nationality and this in turn caused its own problems. I assume they did not want to make the same mistake twice, simple.
I know the other theory sounds more spectacular but i'm afraid it just ain't true.
The cancellations are due to simply not being sure how many cadet will be required next year, 2010 is EY quietest year in terms of deliveries since it founded, however the next selections to be held will be in YYZ, JFK and SIN. Those that were invited, will be given preference, if they still wish to come.
EYZ