PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robert Mugabe "PB" in Ryanair gets Pilots to Vote YES
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 10:27
Fightback Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The solution is both

https://www.balpa.org/RyanairPetition.aspx

Rubik and Invertias I can understand your pessimism, I am sure half of europe were equally pessimistic in 1944.

The legal approach to "tie up in knots" management should be used to enhance the broader campaign objectives of changing our working envirmonment and having genuine representation.
I have been here many years and have seen many things, and I absolutely believe more than ever that the pilots can beat MOL, DOB and PB.

No-body is asking you to take any risks at all, simply sign a petition and encourage others to do so, this information is obviously vital to a recognition vote in UK, and to further actions by other sections of crew.

Legal actions will be a part of this process I am certain

Once you have done that, by all means, go back into the woodwork if you choose and leave the fight to others, just be there to vote when the time comes.

There will be high profile campaigning, don't worry friend, we will be organised, to meet the challenges. this will become a lot bigger, and our voice will be heard, after this key step is complete.

Yes MOL will threaten to crush, to destroy and ruin you. He will scream very loud and very hard to try and make you back down if a vote comes. It may not even be needed if enough sign a simple petition form. If a vote is needed there will be a slick campaign waged involving the many who will not be intimidated. It will be much more than stickers and text messages. there are those who are willing, to confornt this bully and try and gain positive change for all crew. We are not anti company, but MOL is anti crew and the this is the only course left open to us.

To think MOL is untouchable is to give the man to much hype, he is making many mistakes now, he we will scream and threaten, that is all he knows, but he is answerable to the shareholders.

I know I am a realist, Its obvious if you look further than next months paycheck that your job will get worse, harder, with less time off of your chosing and for less pay. History proves it. You will NEVER have a say in that if you do not at least support those willing to act. We are talking about genuine collective bargaining here and not threats and dictations. The initmidation has always been there with this lot and we seek to end it.

He can not shut down all UK bases, whatever he threatens, if recognition is national, really what can he do, his numbers up and he knows it.

This is begining of the snowball effect, once it gathers momentum, well you just watch.

90% of it is all lies bluff and cluster. It will not be easy but the costs of not doing this are far greater.

It has to end now

https://www.balpa.org/RyanairPetition.aspx