PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 09:52
Wideglider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mich, I think Jetconnect will be flying both ZK & VH Tails just as Pac Blue/VB do. Jetconnect in the process of getting ASIC and Aussie ATPL's.
Have not heard of any union objections to this! May have had ear muffs on for walk around!!!

Kiwilad, NZALPA have asked the question re NZJ* taking over domestic flying in NZ. Nothing heard at this stage, and I doubt it will come to anything. I agree with you re Crews from QF, VB and soon J* Oz filling in as required for their off shoots in NZ. Seems to me that they all moan about loss of their conditions and yet they cross the pond to help out!!
Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remoak I agree with you too, our job is not as highly valued now as it use to be! Whilst "automation" has turned us into 'managers' rather than 'hands on operators' we are still responsible for hundreds of lives and millions of dollars worth of equipment every time we move off the airbridge! This responsibility and the associated risks are still out there [perhaps a little less obvious than it use to be} and this should never be forgotten! I do not think pilot salaries alone have been behind the downfall of any Airline. Rather they are used as one of many scapegoat's when things go wrong.

J*NZ has already had to change it's departure times because of customer complaint's and it's not even flying yet! However I'm sure it will survive in some form, if only as a feeder for international's rather than a stand alone domestic operator!

Interesting times!

Cheers,

Wideglider. {Always remember, "This could be the one"}