PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Assessment 2009
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 07:22
GBB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okees,

I have to say that you know very little the aviation industry in the middle east and EY it self... maybe not much about aviation industry in general...
I would realy love to say that this is some sort of joke but theres losts of things that would indicate its not.

I said it last year when people got very excited about these EY cadet international assessments.. First of all there are very few places at this cadet deal to be filled up, 2nd is that some of them are alredy "booked" for "prefered candidates" (so this makes it even harder to get in), and if anybody thinks its different way I have to say that live in some sort of "dream world".

My "guess" is that EY realized that for very few places that they have left to be filled they do NOT need to carry out 8 assesments this year as they will get enough of quality guys and girs for 2nd stage just from LHR, FRA, JNB, AUH, SYD. Remeber that to invite all this people to AUH for 2nd stage and pay for everything... going to be lots of cash.
Another thing is that they can save some money by not sending their people to JFK, YYZ nad SIN and not splashing cash on hotels so only HALF of people that applied will show up.
Another "guess" is that this all is a part of much bigger picture!
As time goes by and market is not at its best, JH will do anything is needed to get his MASSIVE bonus by the end of his contract! And if this means that he has to shut down the cadet programme to save up some, he will.

Many would probably ask but why now?!? and why didnt they cancel SYD and AUH, since they are still far ahead... I would say because JH got special "love" for OZ and "his" people (when it comes to SYD assesment), JNB is just way to close to cancel it and AUH just have to remain there, as it would look very "bad" to carry on with JNB and SYD but not AUH.

My last "guess" is that this EY cadet programme started because JH and some "high ranked EY people" wanted to get free pilot trainning for their "close ones". Of course there are few (know one my self) that got in beacuse they passed all the exams and are going to make great pilots in the future, they just have to take some "not connected" people so it doesnt look too bad.
I dont say that its impossible to get in but im sure that its much harder than one would think!
The truth is that there was never a need for this cadet programme as EY got PILE of applications from pilots from all over the world, that meet their requirements!
Just look around you and see whats happening in aviation industry all over the world and you will (maybe) understand whats going on.
What EY cadet programme has to offer is really great as I dont think theres anybody else out there with such a "deal" for wannabes.
I just think too many people thought that getting into this programee would be like a walk in the park.
When they say that one batch would have 12 cadets and you want to calculate your chances, you will have to assume that theres actually 8-9 places.
I know that there will be lots of people bashing me for what I wrote but "wasta" does work everywhere, they just call it different in other parts of the world.
But what do I know, Im just guessing!

Last edited by GBB; 2nd Apr 2009 at 08:55.