PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aires, Colombia
Thread: Aires, Colombia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 03:48
Heading090

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
  • If you have the requirements for AV, SAT, And AEROREP, therefore you have them for Aires as well, theirs are not different at all.
  • You have the hours they are looking for, and the experience..., I asked you that because they don't really like guys with tons of hours, they prefer guys like you, so they can polish you at their will.
  • your plans.... GOOD, I asked you about your plans because if your are planning to come back here, flying down there it might be a waste of time, BUT, if you are planning in staying like you said, AVIANCA is the best and should be the First option in Colombia.
  • For the hiring process in colombia, there is no difference than here, you should contact Recursos Humanos and ask them about their selction process...and then, everything flows at their WILL!!!!
  • The only Airlines that make you pay for your training out of pocket are; EasyFly, and not sure about SATENA. On the other hand, Aires makes you sign a three year bond training for 36.000.000 Col pesos (USD18,000), if you leave YOU PAY!!! and Aerorepublica is also doing the samething, I am just not sure the amount.......
  • Type rating... well you said you are planning to stay..so no worries man, that was if you had a different plan.
  • YES, you do have a lot of chances RIGHT NOW. BUT, you must prepare yourself for the interviews, they are really hard, I call it "the Astronaut selection process". Make sure you convince them about your plans to stay in Colombia, they don't believe too much guys like us....(personnal experienced).
  • YES sim test..........
  • swiming test.... ETC
bottom line, if you have the $$$ like you said, and you really want to make a living in Colombia, I wish you good luck, and always follow your dreams....

dont hesitate to ask more, I still have a lot to say!!!

Last edited by Heading090; 4th Apr 2009 at 00:06.