PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any L1011's still flying??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 02:46
scottpe

Saw one a few years ago in Entebbe, rumour was that they were having trouble with its AWC and were trying to get it re-registered. The only things I can remember about it were that it took up one of the few refuelling bays at Entebbe whilst work was being carried out on it. The Airport Authority tried on several occasions to have it moved to the old Entebbe ramp which is now used mainly by the UN, whoever represented this a/c always promised that it would be gone in a "couple" of days. I remember it was a pax a/c that had been stripped out to carry freight, obviously it had no freight door, and I believe it made one attempt to carry boxes of fish but the loading time was horrendous and that was possibly the only attempt that was made. The only other distinguishing thing I can remember was that it had a girl's name painted on the nose, "Natalie", I think. This same a/c also did some "static" time on the cargo ramp at DXB, before being moved on. The last time I saw it, it was in RKT with a damaged belly hold door. Does anyone else remember this "bird" or its history?