PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robert Mugabe "PB" in Ryanair gets Pilots to Vote YES
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 02:31
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freebird, there is no need to shout.

I never suggested that STN would cease to fly RYR flights. If you read the posts carefully, something I suggest you do to all the posts, you will see that I pointed out that the flights would continue without any discernible difference to the customers and that the STN based pilots would be made redundant. You don't think RYR has the capacity to keep the schedule pretty much as it stands now in STN? Think again.

Bases come and go in RYR and there is no reason to suggest that STN is some sacred cow in the structure of RYR.

Our backs have been against the so called wall for many years now, almost since MOL took over the running of RYR, so to say that now is the time to do something, well, I agree, but what?

As written so many times before, BALPA, REPA, IFALPA EU Employment law and all the other acronyms you care to call on amount to nothing in RYR because of the sheer number of pilots at so many different bases on so many different contracts on so many different salaries. Expecting concerted action from such a disparate collection of pilots is nigh on impossible.

But........never say never...........good luck!