PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 01:49
kiwilad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beer time, AFAP is one of the two unions that represent Oz Airlines. AIPA is Qantas and AFAP is Virgin n Jetstar.

I hear the CHC based Jestar pilots on Oz contract are doing some Oz flying, so it would lead you to think that the Jetstar NZ pilots will do the same. Interesting how one aircraft can be flown by two different flightcrews all earning significantly different packages.

As Jetstar Oz have taken most of the expansion from Qantas maybe Jetstar NZ are about to do the same to Jetstar Oz. I guess similair to Virgin Blue, Pacific Blue OZ and NZ.

QF about to do the same when Jetconnect start flying VH rego 800's across the tasman. All the thin edge of the wedge!

Will be interesting to see what NZALPA ends up doing as Jetconnect QFNZ guys are having their flying replaced by Jetstar which may start a fight.

From my understanding AFAP and AIPA don't get-on, my view is that the two unions need to be united or divided they will fall. I guess they are falling already.

Funny how for both QF, Jetstar and Virgin when crew shortages require it they have been happy to send Oz conditions to fly planes with NZ crews. I.e QF flying for jetconnect, VB flying for PacB and soon Jetstar Oz helping out Jetstar NZ.

Would a four pilot crew in a B787 beable to go NZ-OZ-ASIA in one duty? Food for thought?

Cheers