PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 01:13
max autobrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio I think we are trying to argue the same point only coming from a different angle.
JetStar etc are here to stay.
There will continue to be people willing to accept lower terms and conditions if they think they can benifit somehow from that decision.
My point all along is that those with the resources ie: the pilots with well paid jobs should be supporting their Industrial representitives to improve those sub-optimal conditions if they can.

Your last comment
"Should a 50 year old QF FO take a pay cut for command, just so he can log "A380 command" in his logbook"

Sorry don't follow. I can't see how any F/O of any age or from any type in Qantas doing a command onto the A380 would drop in pay. Does not compute.
If you want to compare say an A380 S/O's wage to say that of a 767 F/O's go right ahead a whole different contentious kettle of fish.

What I think you should really be worried about is the connection between our current Contract and how it's tied inextricably with what are mostly nearly obsolete aircraft types.
What happens when new aircraft arrive and the Company takes advantage of all those Workplace changes bought about by the previous Government.
Would your 50 year old Qantas F/O be willing to take a pay cut and be forced to move to NZ just to remain in a job as an F/O?
That sir is the real upcoming question.