PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 21:07
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Bump...

Just checked the LH website, and sure enough, no direct flights BRS-FRA from 1st May. <sigh>. (Helpfully it's offering an LH codeshare with SN Brussels through BRU).

That's really disappointing. I can understand why - a toxic combination of a recession and not-exactly-discount prices (YQ YQ YQ YQ). My business travel is down between 50% and 70% at the moment, and justifying the fare differentials between LH and other airlines was getting quite challenging. (That's not just LH from Bristol - it's LH from any UK airport. As an example, UK to SYD on LH, £1,500 - same on SQ in A380, £950....).

I hope the route trends were going in the right direction to see this as a pause, rather than a complete disappearance. I believe there is a viable business case for a Star Airline to provide a link into a Star hub, it's just that it might not be LH, and it clearly isn't now.

Meantime, I guess I'm back off down the M4, or over to SkyTeam (oh FFS..). And tomorrow I can look forward to rebooking people on the LH flight in May.

(And let's hope it's not another 17 years until *A come back!).