PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Rise on 1st April 09?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 16:25
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For £63K, you could knock many of them down and re-build from scratch (it always astonished me how much the SLAM blocks cost given the land was free).

I have been through the process twice. In Norwich, the actual builders showed us the paperwork that proved the kitchens cost £600 each, including the demolition, re-plastering (from brick) and electrical work (the plugs didn't work because they wired them up wrong!) - mind you, those prices were at 1998-2001.

Give me £63K and I will make a healthy profit and bring the house up to standard, including getting rid of the half inch gap in the 'double-glazed' windows.

Unfortunately, DHE or whatever it's called now, is still populated by feckwits, right to the top. The contractors see them coming and MoD is taken to the cleaners AGAIN.

Back to the thread; we got sent a nice email today with a link to the AFPRB Report and a request for feedback to the Stn Cdr (to be filtered by some WO or other). I was going to respond, but the email clearly stated that responses would only be accepted in the correct format. The 'correct format' required one to start by stating 3 positive aspects of the Report, at which point I gave up. Can any one out there help?