PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 16:18
ADFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ask you to re-read my original post. I did not mean to whine if it came across like that...I am actually a humble guy that simply hates to be rejected for something that is so natural; age.
My years ( 20 ) flying have produced over 13.5k years of varied types of flying...DC3 cargo in letīs say rather challenging conditions; Cargo Falcon and later Executive; Airline Ops on Fokker 50;Bae ATP;B 737;A 330 and 320 family. All this in USA,Mexico,Caribbean,South America,Europe,Middle East on short,medium and long haul operations, including ETOP and all in between.
This is fact. But hey, because of life circumstances I couldīnt afford my licenses until I reached 34, is that disqualifying ?? For my age, others have "significantly more experience" and so what. Note I have between 6 and 11 years to give to a company and when I apply at a place that flies my current type then isnīt that ground to reconsider ? Come on.
By the way, I am punting for all the other guys and girls out there in my age group in the same situation.
It could be that some guys here have Mom or Dad to turn to when the crap hits the fan and have never understood my point from post 1 on.