PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial action!
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 09:02
kick the tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rubik,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Re food: it was discussed to death at the time, the options were explored and in the end I believe even the CAA had an input into it. We voted and the majority won. Would we of voted the same if we knew then what we know now? Probably not.

Bonus/share scheme. What was that? I dont recall us having such an option. What BALPA have done is got the profit clause taken out of our annual loyalty bonus payment - now that could be worth a LOT of money!

PPY75 - yeah, it sucks but better than getting in even more contract captains. I suspect tho that when it is released to the general pilot population, it will be well oversubscribed!

Strike? No, I dont think it will happen. Work to rule, as others have mentioned, yes I hope it will! With all the FLIDRAS/ACARS data available they will very quickly see that the bottom line is being hurt. THAT will make Cor Blimey and his merry men sit up and hey, WE might even manage a vote of no confidence in him!! Twice in his career, now that would be something!!!