PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robert Mugabe "PB" in Ryanair gets Pilots to Vote YES
Old 1st Apr 2009, 06:49
FreeBird1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inveritas, are you member of balpa, have you really attended the meeting or a mate told you all about it and you made your own ready made opinion? If you are member, then remember this: YOU are balpa, nobody will do the work for you, balpa IS NOT the magic bullet. But it's the best - and last - bullet we have! If you think there is a better solution, come up with it, and starting a petition for PB to leave will not count towards a solution!

Do I think it will be a walk in the park to get balpa in? No, clearly not. Will it instantly solve our problem? Sh!t no, in fact it'll get worse before it gets much better.

1. Balpa got a good guy on board, TB, and he has been the starter of this campaign, but really the response is coming from us and the great majority of collegues i talk to are in favour of recognition
2. Add this petition to your list - yes, it is an important part to recognition to have this petition growing (and there is a huge response so far!) - it will help build the BRIDGE to get BALPA in!!
3. the website for the petition is COMPLETELY SECURE! hence the "s" part of https!! this list will remain internal to BALPA
4. you're not exactly an optimist.. there WILL be bases with majority
5. so you like it as it is without negotiations? find your balls my friend, they will tell you it is time to stop being scared of your own shadow.. we will bring them to the table and start respecting their workforce. What kind of protection do you have as it is now? Do you think they can't make anybody redundant now?
6. FR has already enjoyed the climate as it is.. look at your pay cut (sorry U/L), look at your sector pay soon to go down the drain, look at your A/L!
and kiss your allowance goodbye shortly!

BALPA is right in concentrating on the support for recognition, i'm afraid legal ways take too long and often end up in disappointment.

In conclusion, inveritas, your last post here sounds like some manager's pathetic attempt to extinguish the hope that BALPA is creating amongst the workforce, and your silly anti-PB won't fool anybody especially on this day - come out with your solution, let's be constructive.