PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial action!
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 05:12
kick the tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vikings post sums the situation up very well indeed.

I recall a Futura sub from LPL-BFS a few years back trying to land in the disused airfield west of BFS, fortunately going around when ATC didnt see the aircraft as it called 'finals' and warned them (despite notes on chart, warnings on ATIS, DME etc). The subsequent approach into the real BFS was so unstable that the on board Training Captain telephoned Ops and insisted the crew did not fly again.

The aircraft positioned back empty to LPL!

I'm sure there are many other horror stories of third party **** ups. It is so frustrating that we have/did have the spare training capacity to upgrade our own FO's, having agreed to the PPY75 etc, and yet all along the hidden agenda of the management was to get the contract captains in.

One presumes that the CC of Thomas Cook has had a similar battle with their management and I am sure Nick has been able to benefit from their battle.

I remember my divorce some years ago. All very amicable until the ex started hiding stuff and her hidden agenda became apparant. Then the gloves came off and it was hard rules!!

Seems a little deja vu!