PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF Ignoring CC. What to do?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 23:19
Juud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr SOE or any other pax taking me serious as a profession (I am not what I do for a living but never mind that) is irrelevant. A bit of respect is always nice, but the funny thing is, I usually get that anyway.

It's relevant for pax to be aware that the Captain is the legal authority on the aircraft. To be aware that the cabin crew represent the Captain when they instruct (not ask, instruct) the pax to turn off their electronic devices, the pax are by law obliged to do as they are told.

Some people do not want to understand this, which becomes a problem when things get more serious. Those people can be warned, both verbally and in writing, and if they still fail to follow instructions, can be handcuffed and arrested on the spot 'in name of the captain I hereby arrest you' and will be handed over to the authorities on arrival. September the 11th started a new era, and it's good to remember that when you fly as a passenger.
Respect doesn't come into it. Common sense does.

We hate confrontations, but we will confront you if you force us.
Because while we love giving the best service we possibly can to our honoured pax and abhor fighting with the people who pay our salary and keep our airline in business, if we have to choose between being nice and being safe, safe will always win.

In short: it doesn't pay to **** with the cabin crew on matters relating to safety.
In a well run airline, cabin crew on behalf of the captain can and will enforce the safety rules, and you disregard our instructions at your peril.