PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa Drug screening
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 21:10
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that once again the “if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear” brigade are out and singing their song with all the self righteous pomposity that they can muster.

I for one cannot see the sense in this entire issue. Has there been some massive increase to accidents and/or incidents that are attributable to impairment by drugs and alcohol? If there has been then I would very much like to see the statistics that this so-called ‘safety’ program was based on.

It is an empire building exercise started by the holier than thou that will cost the industry millions annually and provide little or no benefit to the fare paying public, who are the prime responsibility of the CASA.

It will result in prosecutions for minor infractions and humiliation for those who test positive for drugs at “ramp check” types of swabbing but then show acceptable levels of prescription or over the counter medications. It will result in more sick days due to some of the above mentioned instances and breed ill feeling and a sense of injustice, and why, so that a new entire section of the CASA can be formed and grown AT YOUR EXPENSE.

We need this like a hole in the head. It will be another tedious, time consuming expensive and totally pointless exercise that consumes effort and time in an industry already doing its best with limited resources. If they wanted to include a breath test along with a ramp check I can see some sense in it, but this is bullsh!t and you guys are taking it right up the clacker on the basis that it proves that you are one of those who would never be so naughty as to have a few beers with the boys.

Show me the real cold hard FACTS that this entire snow job is based on and I might be convinced, but I am sick of being told to bend over and grab you ankles because this is good for us all, just like regional airport security this is a make work exercise based on motherhood statements and little else.

I dread to think of what those useless oxygen bandits will think up nest in order to ‘protect’ us all, but rest assured, there WILL be something else in 12 to 18 months and I hope that next time some one stands up against it, or most of an AOC or COA holders money will be running more and more safety and security programs, for our own good, of course.

WOW , big rant for a Wednesday morning.

HD