PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 20:54
Weheka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks regle and brakedwell. I have checked that site and the prices seem to range from 30 pounds to 75. With our great exchange rate of about 40p per $1 it will be an expensive book, but will try to get my hands on one. The only book I have on the Halifax is one combined with the Wellington by Chaz Bowyer and Armand Van Ishoven, quite a good book with many good photos and stories. It also gives a bit of detail on the rudder overbalance causing accidents and 'christmas tree' syndrome effecting performance.

A good tribute to the Halifax in the December issue of Flypast. Gives you a good look at the Yorkshire Air Museums Halifax re-creation 'Friday the 13th', 128 ops!

My wife and I will be making our first trip to your part of the world in July but only have three days in London, what would be worth a visit re Bomber Command, museums etc while there? I know this is a small window but we have a bit of ground to cover and only have a month to do it. I figure at 57 if I don't do it now I never will.

Where are you cliff?