PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dave Cox to leave QANTAS!!!
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 19:37
ampclamp

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
old dinosaur

back to being a fossil old boy.
many pax have said to me the wrong airline went broke all but for the vague workings of the industry with its political machinations, very poor ownership etc.
Ansett went broke for many reasons, it was not because qantas had a better product.They were not even competitors until they were allowed to take on Australian.Years later the merger still has yet to gel.Culture clashes and legacy IT and paperwork still hinder progress.
Ask the old blue team who was better to work for!

Their (qantas') engineering was better in that money in old days was no object.If the money is there training will be good, easier to get and more thorough.Govt paid for excellent infrastructure that has been allowed to diminish or close over the last 10 years.
In other words that legacy has saved its backside with a nod and a wink from govt.

Ansett were a far better firm to work for when both were running in the good ol' days.Just ask all those ex qantas engineers who left qantas to prop up licence numbers throughout the industry.They didnt leave because they were happy campers.Some took the super payout, most just hated the culture.

I've worked for both , for contractors, overseas and in other areas.I am not qantas or ansett trained and have an open mind on both. From that position its easy to see where some of the problems are.