PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most protracted PPL ever?........
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 16:27
kevmusic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More reasons than just finance to curtail your flying

- as I am discovering. Weather and serviceability have all taken their toll of my weekly flying slot but they are nothing to the huge inroads made into my life by my wife's much-increased illness and disability. Precisely what the illness is, no-one seems too sure as yet, though something neurological may be on the cards. She is currently subject to a lot of investigation, with MRIs, biopsies, EMG and what have you; and hopefully, a diagnosis will bring some strategy for treatment. In the meantime, I have one extremely weak (muscularly) and disabled wife who is wheelchair-bound and needs constant round-the-clock care. Six months ago she could still walk with difficulty, now she can't. She's very brave and keeps her spirits up (mostly - she's also a woman of a certain age!! ) and she still works! She gets wheeled in to her teaching room and teaches the piano!

However, sometimes she just feels too ill for me to leave her and I've had to phone up Bruce at the very last minute to cancel, some 3 or 4 times now. But now we've got a carer coming in and I'm hoping to get away this Thursday. I know I won't be taking the Skills Test until I'm ready, but at the moment that readiness feels a long way off.