PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS (Commuter) bringing out the axe!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2002, 09:50
KADS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I just heard that Braathens' pilots scheduled to be made redundant this coming fall, have been given a year extra before they are redundant. Now that has to be interesting for the SC pilots that are fired to hear. Aquire the competition that is on the brink of ruin, and pump it full of hard earned cash for it to survive, then start firing your own employees! That must be a real moral booster!!! And the unions seems to be just bystanders...

I think that if the unions don't react soon this will be the world to come. Since we don't have the scope clauses of the US, soon the high-costing SAS pilots will slowly be phased out and cheaper labour will be used through increased outsourcing! This will lower the standard for the pilots throughout the pilot community in Scandinavia. (By "standard" I meen the fine union agreements most of the pilot groups have been able to negotiate)
What is there to hinder that SAS will not do ALL of its expansion through Braathens, Wideröe, Spanair, Air Bottnia, Skyways etc in the future?

It is time for the union to put a stop to the outsourcing !