PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2002, 09:40
next in line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality Checks comments:

<<As a pilot workforce we do not wish to have BA pilots coming in as much as they would not wish to come. Our BALPA reps have worked very hard to secure good T&C’s for us and will not accept this situation, if it exists. It is unacceptable not because they would be BA pilots but because that is not how our recruitment process works>>

The proposal is that the number of BA pilots would be restricted to the work which is clearly identified as originally BA.

Big Dogs comments:

<<BA BALPA CC have defined Scope as wishing to 'Bring Franchise flying wholly within the BA group'. This would mean either an integration with GB Flight Crew or a take over (not unthinkable by any means). >>

'Integration' is likely to mean a number of BA pilots (determined as above) working in GB rather than a merger of the Seniority Lists.

Reality Checks comments:

<<What I do know is that GB has been very successful in developing its own route structure>>

On the back of the BA name, I would suggest.

<<(although as there haven’t been any job losses how has the BA pilot workforce been disadvantaged>>

Due to the reduction in opportunities available to BA pilots with BA work going elsewhere.

CapedCrewsAider comments:

<<GB has had its share of BA reject management who inevitably try to turn it into BA. >>

And succeeded - GB's SOPs will look very familiar to those from BA!

Secret Squirrel comments:

<<Incidentally, on the subject of BA pilots being seconded; one of those FO's in waiting is a very good mate of mine and yes he has been waiting very patiently. Apart from the implications for scope I would not want to see him leapfrogged by our lot; >>

I understand that one proposal is that 'Our Lot' should be the current ex CFE RJ pilots for whom there will not be commands in BA when the RJs go to the far N.

But on a separate note, is it not ironic that Lardy - who will have attempted to join all major UK airlines including BA with BA deciding that they did not want him flying BA passengers - will, when he works for GB, be doing just that - flying BA pax - (sticking two fingers up at BA as well, I wouldn't be surprised!!).