PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2002, 09:25
Big Dog's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, cheap sniping comments apart (and I admit that I did start the thread with one, but it has generated some response) we are all agreed. From the BA CC's and BA crew's s perpsectives Franchises are not good. From BA management's perspective they allow them to look at reducing their costs in an ever more competetive world. As reality says, the world does exist outside BA, sorry to burst your bubble guys!

Any attempt by the BA management to place pilots from BA at GB not only undemines your Franchise argument but also adversely affects the careers of GB's pilots, something that they will not tolerate and neither would you at BA, I am sure.

Broadly speaking I think that Scope seems like the way for you guys to go, but as per one of my posts, don't you think you have enough on your plate at the moment without opening this one up. You need to let your management know that their plan is not acceptable since it is a no win situation for evryone apart from them. Do not be under the illusion that it would be chepaer labour, pound for pound a Eurofleet pilot cost more than a GB one, and the difference would be made up by BA. They are really only looking at either appeasing BA CC or getting a foot in the door. As I say, if the BA CC think's this is the way to go-fine. Hand Solo is right in saying that if you go down this half hearted route you are simply guilty of treating others in a way you do not want to be treated yourselves. GB is a small company doing well in difficult times, we operate as a team, do not have a top heavy management structure and are justifiably proud of our reputation for great service-those of you who travel with us will agree I am sure. We do not want ot be interfered with by BA and are happy as we are, but we cannot exist like this without BA. The competition is moving in to LGW, what we need to do is contrrol our costs and meet them head on, not get involved in some union lead attempt to level the playing field. Perhaps that should be left for another time.