PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to Canadian CPL
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2009, 13:38
rams832002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA to canadian cpl fianlly to indian CPL

I am ramanakumar from India , at present i have FAA Cpl with( multi rating + IR) me .I would like to convert the FAA to TCCA license.

For that I went through the following web link for reference.

Advisory Circular (AC) No. 400-001 Issue 1

I am at the first step of the process .I have following doubts regarding the process and I have put them the questions format.

1) I have valid FAA medical which I just renewed two weeks back in India, Do i need to Submit the photocopy of the FAA medical or do i need to take a fresh canadian Class 1 for getting the file number, if i can get the file number using the FAA medicals can u please explain the process in a more elaborate way like what i need to send and where i need to send?

2) After getting the File number, i need to send application for the conversion process to which transport canada centre and please guide me how to fix and appointment with TCC officer and where i can take up the air law and procedures written exam?

3) if i have my documents all in place like said by tiredcrjdriver..will i get my Canadian CPL rgt have the original license...beacuse i found this link which says it will another 90 days to get the license...please help me...

Harv's Air Pilot Training, Flight Training School FAA Pilot Licence conversions to Transport Canada Pilot Licences

it will be really helpful for me if u can provide some details regarding the same.

Thanks in advance.

Ramanakumar.