PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in France (incl Permits, Private sites and Pictures)
Old 31st Mar 2009, 13:37
Ready2Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent read. During my summer vacation last year i did visit Biarritz via Freiburg (EDTF), Dolé, crossed Lyon Bron, down the Rhone valley to Avignon, heading south to the coast passing Montpellier, Pezenás, Beziers, Narbonne to Carcassone where we stayed for the night (planned stop) and next morning via Lourdes to Biarritz.

Just one week later back via south of Bordeaux to Limogés straight north to the Loire river heading east to Versailles and to Issy for another stop. Next morning then via Reims to Spa in Belgium and after a coffee at Manoir de Lésbioles back home.

(The places where we did refuel are underlined - besides the last link of course...)

All in a B206 III (~17 hours of total flight time) and it was really fun and quite helpful to learn about the handling of the helicopter as we were five POB with little extra weight besides fuel.

I always felt comfortable and welcome at every single place and at no times i had any difficulties whatsoever.

Actually, talking about it brings back some really good memories